Snapchatting for Talent
With over 6,000 employees that work with 82% of the world’s Fortune 500 companies, BMC Software is a behemoth in the field of enterprise IT solutions.
Carlos has the daunting position of being in charge of raising awareness for BMC products and driving global demand through social. With a team of content and social media managers at his side, Carlos has driven social to becoming a key part of BMC’s sales funnel.
How might Snapchat fit into the B2B IT and tech vendor space, you ask? Definitely not how you might expect, that’s for sure. As Carlos says, there is no silver bullet to social media and you have to know the intricacies of each platform to properly position it for your organization.
Thankfully, Carlos is a pro at Snapchat and can share the best way to approach incorporating this hot new platform into your social tool belt.
In This Episode
- How a well-articulated and tailored employee advocacy program leads to better website conversion rates
- Why good social sales content means the majority of it is top-of-the-funnel
- How having siloed departments leads to a niche for every social platform in any company
- Why leveraging agencies as true partners means a robust paid social plan
- How your point of view on social platforms can lead to a diverse and successful portfolio
- Why being successful means maintaining a high level of personal involvement in your own social profiles
Quotes From This Episode
“If we’re not converting traffic over to our website, then we’re really missing the mark.” —@CarlosGil83 (highlight to tweet)
“You’ve got to build a relationship on social. You’ve got to put out good content, drive them back to your website, and hope that they convert.” —@CarlosGil83
“If you’re not working in unison and you’re not communicating with each other, then you’re just setting yourself and them up for failure.” —@CarlosGil83
“If you really want to set yourself apart as a marketing professional, then you have to be playing in the sandbox.” —@CarlosGil83 (highlight to tweet)
“I know how to coach a team to success but I also know how to play the game because I immerse myself in the technology.” —@CarlosGil83 (highlight to tweet)
“There is no silver bullet to social media.” —@CarlosGil83 (highlight to tweet)
“Snapchat creates a sense of urgency that if someone does not view your content today, they’re going to miss out on it forever.” —@CarlosGil83
“The only thing that changes between B2B and B2C is the audience that you speak to.” —@CarlosGil83 (highlight to tweet)
“The key word in social media is ‘social’. You have to socialize.” —@CarlosGil83 (highlight to tweet)
- Carlos Gil on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Snapchat (TheCarlosGil), and Instagram
- BMC Software on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, and YouTube
- 5 Snapchat Statistics That Prove Its Power
- Brian Fanzo
- Shaun Ayala
See you next week!