THE CHRONS TERMS OF SERVICE AGREEMENT
Welcome to The Chrons (“The Chrons,” “we,” or “our”), operated by Social Data Labs Inc.
PLEASE READ THIS AGREEMENT CAREFULLY AS IT CONTAINS IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS, REMEDIES AND OBLIGATIONS, INCLUDING VARIOUS LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS, AND A DISPUTE RESOLUTION CLAUSE THAT GOVERNS HOW DISPUTES WILL BE RESOLVED.
2. Access and Retention. In order to access and retain this electronic Agreement, you must have access to the World Wide Web, either directly or through devices that access web-based content, and pay any service fees associated with such access. In addition, you must use all equipment necessary to make such connection to the World Wide Web, including a computer and modem or other access device. Please print a copy of this document for your records. To retain an electronic copy of this Agreement, you may save it into any word processing program.
3. Eligibility. You must be at least eighteen (18) years of age. By using the Service, you represent and warrant that you have the right, authority and capacity to enter into this Agreement and to abide by all of the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
The Service is also not available to any users who have been previously removed or suspended from the Service.
4. Commercial Use of Service. If you are using and/or accessing the Service on behalf of a company, entity, or organization (collectively, a “Subscribing Entity”), you represent and warrant that:
c. You agree to this Terms of service on behalf of the Subscribing Entity.
Illegal and/or unauthorized uses of the Service include, but are not limited to, collecting usernames and/or email addresses of Members by electronic or other means for the purpose of sending unsolicited email, unauthorized framing of or linking to the Websites, sharing or disclosing your username or password to any third party or permitting any third party to access your account, attempting to impersonate another user or person, use of the Service in any fraudulent or misleading manner, any automated use of the system, such as scraping the Websites, automated scripts, spiders, robots, crawlers, harvesting or data mining tools or the like, interfering with, disrupting, or creating an undue burden on the Service or the networks or services connected to the Service, and using the Service in a manner inconsistent with any and all applicable laws and regulations. Illegal and/or unauthorized use of the Service may be investigated, and appropriate legal action may be taken, including without limitation, civil, criminal, and injunctive redress. Use of the Service is with the permission of The Chrons, which may be revoked at any time, for any reason, in The Chrons’s sole discretion.
5. Account Security. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the username and password that you designate during the registration process, and you are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your username and password. You agree to (a) immediately notify The Chrons of any unauthorized use of your username or password or any other breach of security, and (b) ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session. The Chrons will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with this provision. You should use particular caution when accessing your account from a public or shared computer so that others are not able to view or record your password or other personal information. If you share your computer with others, you may wish to consider disabling your auto-sign in feature if you have it linked to your account.
6. Your Use of the Service
a. You must not copy or capture, or attempt to copy or capture, any content from the Websites or Service, unless given express permission by The Chrons.
b. You must not copy, republish, adapt, make available or otherwise communicate to the public, display, perform, transfer, share, distribute or otherwise use or exploit any content on or from the Websites and/or Service.
c. You must not use any content in any way that is designed to create a separate service or that replicates any part of the offering of the Service.
d. You must not employ scraping or similar techniques to aggregate, repurpose, republish or otherwise make use of any content.
e. You must not employ any techniques or make use of any services, automated or otherwise, designed to misrepresent your activity on the Service, including without limitation by the use of bots, botnets, scripts, apps, plugins, extensions or other automated means to register accounts, log in, send messages, post comments, or otherwise to act on your behalf, particularly where such activity occurs in a multiple or repetitive fashion. You must not offer or promote the availability of any such techniques or services to any other users of the Service.
f. You must not alter or remove, or attempt to alter or remove, any trademark, copyright or other proprietary or legal notices contained in, or appearing on, the Websites or any content appearing on the Websites.
g. You must not, and must not permit any third party to, copy or adapt the object code of the Websites, or reverse engineer, reverse assemble, decompile, modify or attempt to discover any source or object code of any part of the Websites, or circumvent or attempt to circumvent or copy any copy protection mechanism or access any rights management information pertaining to content on the Websites.
h. You must not commit or engage in, or encourage, induce, solicit or promote, any conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any law or regulation.
i. You must not rent, sell or lease access to the Service, or any content on the Websites.
j. You must not deliberately impersonate any person or entity or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity, for example, by registering an account in the name of another person or company, or sending messages or making comments using the name of another person.
k. You must not stalk, exploit, threaten, abuse or otherwise harass another user, or any The Chrons employee. If The Chrons determines that any user has threatened, stalked, harassed, or verbally abused any The Chrons employee or another The Chrons Member, The Chrons reserves the right to immediately terminate that user’s membership and suspend access to the Service.
l. You must not sell or transfer, or offer to sell or transfer, any The Chrons account to any third party without the prior written approval of The Chrons.
m. You must not collect or attempt to collect personal data, or any other kind of information about other users, including without limitation, through spidering or any form of scraping.
7. Use of the Service; Interaction with Other Platforms.
By using the Service, you acknowledge and agree:
• The materials on Social Data Labs Inc.’s web site are provided “as is”.The Chrons. makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, The Chrons. does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet web site or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
• If you use other software products in addition to the Chrons gigs, you acknowledge and agree that your social media account may be banned or suspended. To minimize its risk, you should use The Chrons by itself, rather than in conjunction with additional software.
• The Chrons is not affiliated with Instagram or any other third-party platform such as Facebook or Twitter. The Service is not endorsed by any social media platform.
8. Membership; Pricing; Charges on Your Account.
b. Billing. The Chrons bills you through an online account (your “Billing Account”) for use of the Service. You agree to pay all charges at the prices then in effect for any use of the Service by you or other persons (including your agents) using your Billing Account, and you authorize The Chrons to charge your chosen payment provider (your “Payment Method”) for the Service. You agree to make payment using that selected Payment Method.
c. Payment Method. The terms of your payment will be based on your Payment Method and may be determined by agreements between you and the financial institution, credit card issuer or other provider of your chosen payment method.
d. Recurring Billing. Our subscription plans to the Service consist of an initial period, for which there is a one-time charge, followed by recurring period charges as agreed to by you. By entering into this Agreement, you acknowledge that your subscription has an initial and recurring payment feature and you accept responsibility for all recurring charges prior to cancellation. The Chrons may submit periodic charges (e.g. monthly) without further authorization from you, until you provide prior notice (confirmed in writing by The Chrons) that you have terminated this authorization or wish to change your payment method. Such notice will not affect charges submitted before The Chrons could reasonably act. You may cancel your paid membership or change your payment information by logging into your account and updating these options in the billing portal of your account. For your convenience, we take your payment information so that your membership will not be interrupted. We auto-renew your membership at the level you selected. Your subscription will be automatically extended for successive renewal periods of the same duration as the subscription term originally selected, at the then-current non-promotional subscription rate (if applicable). To cancel, simply log into your account and follow the instructions for cancellation; alternatively, you may send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that you will not be eligible for a prorated refund of any portion of the subscription fee paid for the then-current subscription period. If you add additional users to your account, such users will be billed in the next billing cycle for the month in which they were added and for the subsequent month. You agree to pay for each user on your account at any time during the monthly billing cycle, without proration.
e. Current Information Required. YOU MUST PROVIDE CURRENT, COMPLETE AND ACCURATE INFORMATION FOR THE PAYMENT PLATFORM. YOU MUST PROMPTLY UPDATE ALL INFORMATION TO KEEP YOUR BILLING INFORMATION IN THE PAYMENT PLATFORM CURRENT, COMPLETE AND ACCURATE (SUCH AS A CHANGE IN BILLING ADDRESS, CREDIT CARD NUMBER, OR CREDIT CARD EXPIRATION DATE), AND YOU MUST PROMPTLY NOTIFY THE CHRONS IF YOUR PAYMENT METHOD IS CANCELED (E.G., FOR LOSS OR THEFT) OR IF YOU BECOME AWARE OF A POTENTIAL BREACH OF SECURITY, SUCH AS THE UNAUTHORIZED DISCLOSURE OR USE OF YOUR USER NAME OR PASSWORD. CHANGES TO SUCH INFORMATION CAN BE MADE AT ACCOUNT SETTINGS. IF YOU FAIL TO PROVIDE THE CHRONS ANY OF THE FOREGOING INFORMATION, YOU AGREE THAT THE CHRONS MAY CONTINUE CHARGING YOU FOR ANY USE OF THE SERVICE UNDER THE PAYMENT PLATFORM UNLESS YOU HAVE TERMINATED YOUR SUBSCRIPTION FOR THE SERVICE (CONFIRMED BY YOU IN WRITING UPON REQUEST BY THE CHRONS).
f. Payment Method. The terms of your payment will be based on your Payment Method and may be determined by agreements between you and the financial institution, credit card issuer or other provider of your chosen payment method.
g. Reaffirmation of Authorization. Your non-termination or continued use of the Service reaffirms that The Chrons is authorized to charge your Payment Method. The Chrons may submit those charges for payment and you will be responsible for such charges. This does not waive The Chrons’s right to seek payment directly from you. Your charges may be payable in advance, in arrears, per usage, or as otherwise described when you initially subscribed to the Service.
h. Free Trial; Promotion. We may provide a free trial or other promotion (the “Promotion”), which Promotion may provide you access to some or all features afforded to paying members of the Service. In order to avoid being charged a subscription fee for the Service, you must cancel your subscription prior to the termination of the trial period. If you cancel prior to the termination of the trial period yet you are still charged for access to the Service, please contact us at email@example.com.
9. Modifications to Service. The Chrons reserves the right at any time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Service (or any part thereof) with or without notice. You agree that The Chrons shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Service.
10. Blocking of IP Addresses. In order to protect the integrity of the Services, The Chrons reserves the right at any time in its sole discretion to block Members from certain IP addresses from accessing the Websites and/or Service.
11. Term. This Terms of service will remain in full force and effect while you use the Websites and/or Service. You may terminate your membership at any time by visiting your Dashboard on The Chrons. If you resign or cancel your membership to The Chrons, to help The Chrons analyze and improve the Service, you may be asked to provide a reason for your resignation/cancellation.
You may request that we delete your personal information from our system by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please allow up to 14 days following our receipt of your email for us to delete your information.
The Chrons may terminate your membership for any reason by sending notice to you at the email address you provide in your application for membership, or such other email address as you may later provide to The Chrons. All decisions regarding the termination of accounts shall be made in the sole discretion of The Chrons. The Chrons is not required to provide you notice prior to terminating your membership. The Chrons is not required, and may be prohibited, from disclosing a reason for the termination of your account. Even after your membership is terminated, this Terms of service will remain in effect. All terms that by their nature may survive termination of this Terms of service shall be deemed to survive such termination.
12. Third Party Content. The Chrons may provide third party content on the Websites and/or Service and may provide links to webpages and content of third parties (collectively, the “Third-Party Content”) as a service to those interested in this information. The Chrons does not control, endorse or adopt any Third-Party Content and makes no representation or warranties of any kind regarding the Third-Party Content, including without limitation regarding its accuracy or completeness. Please be aware that The Chrons does not create Third-Party Content, nor does The Chrons update or monitor it. The Chrons is therefore not responsible for any Third-Party Content on the Service. Users use such Third-Party Content at their own risk.
The Service may include links or references to other web sites or services solely as a convenience to The Chrons users (collectively, the “Reference Sites”). The Chrons does not endorse any Reference Sites or the information, materials, products, or services contained on or accessible through Reference Sites. In addition, your correspondence or business dealings with, or participation in promotions of, advertisers found on or through the Service are solely between you and the relevant advertiser. Access and use of Reference Sites, including the information, materials, products, and services on or available through Reference Sites is solely at your own risk.
13. Intellectual Property. The Chrons, The Chrons logos and any other product or service name or slogan contained in the Service are trademarks of The Chrons or our suppliers or licensors and may not be copied, imitated or used, in whole or in part, without the prior written permission of The Chrons or the applicable trademark holder. Any authorized use of these trademarks must be in accordance with any guidelines that The Chrons may provide you from time to time.
The Chrons retains all proprietary rights in the Websites and the Service, except where otherwise noted. The Websites contain the copyrighted material, trademarks, and other proprietary information of The Chrons, and its licensors. Except where we have given you express written permission, you may not copy, modify, publish, transmit, distribute, perform, display, or sell any such proprietary information. All content on The Chrons is proprietary. Except where otherwise specified in this Agreement, all Content is copyrighted material of The Chrons and for The Chrons Members’ use only. Distribution of Content to others is strictly prohibited. You agree that The Chrons would be irreparably harmed by any violation or threatened violation of this section and that, therefore, The Chrons shall be entitled to an injunction prohibiting you from any violation or threatened violation of this section, without posting bond, in addition to any other right or remedy it may have.
We may provide links to third party websites, and some of the content appearing on The Chrons may be supplied by third parties. The Chrons has no responsibility for these third party websites nor for their content, which is subject to and governed by the terms of service and/or privacy policies, if any, of the applicable third party content providers.
You may not use any metatags or any other hidden text utilizing “The Chrons” or any other name, trademark or product or service name of The Chrons without our prior written permission. In addition, the look and feel of the The Chrons Service, including all page headers, custom graphics, button icons and scripts, is the service mark, trademark and/or trade dress of The Chrons and may not be copied, imitated or used, in whole or in part, without our prior written permission. All other trademarks, registered trademarks, product names and company names or logos mentioned in the Service are the property of their respective owners. Reference to any products, services, processes or other information, by trade name, trademark, manufacturer, supplier or otherwise does not constitute or imply endorsement, sponsorship or recommendation thereof by us or any other affiliation.
The Service is owned and operated by The Chrons. Unless otherwise indicated, all content and other materials on the Service, including, without limitation, The Chrons’s logos, the visual interfaces, graphics, design, compilation, information, software, computer code (including source code or object code), services, text, pictures, information, data, sound files, other files and the selection and arrangement thereof (collectively, the “Materials”) are protected by United States copyright, trade dress, patent, and trademark laws, international conventions, and all other relevant intellectual property and proprietary rights, and applicable laws (including in your country of residence).
14. Repeat Infringer Policy. In accordance with all applicable laws around the world, The Chrons has adopted a policy that it will promptly terminate without notice any user’s access to the Service if that user is determined by The Chrons to be a “repeat infringer.” A repeat infringer includes, without limitation a user who has been notified by The Chrons of infringing activity violations more than twice. The Chrons may also at our sole discretion limit access to the Service and/or terminate the accounts of any users who infringe any intellectual property rights of others, whether or not there is any repeat infringement.
In addition, The Chrons accommodates and does not interfere with standard technical measures used by intellectual property rights owners to protect their materials.
15. Limitation of Liability. In no event shall The Chrons be liable for any damages whatsoever, whether direct, indirect, general, special, compensatory, consequential, and/or incidental, arising out of or relating to the Websites or Service, or use thereof. Nothing contained in the Websites or Service or in any written or oral communications from The Chrons or its employees or agents shall be construed to make any promise, covenant, warranty, or guaranty, all of which are explicitly disclaimed hereby, contrary to the statements and disclaimers contained in this paragraph.
The content and functionality on the Websites and Service, along with the services provided by employees of the Websites and Service, are offered “as is” without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including, without limitation, implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement. The Chrons makes no warranties, express or implied, as to the ownership, accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the Websites’ content or that the functionality of the Websites or Service will be uninterrupted or error-free or free from virus or third party attack. You hereby acknowledge that your use of the Websites and the Service is at your sole risk. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL THE CHRONS, ITS OFFICERS, OWNERS, EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS AND THEIR RESPECTIVE HEIRS, SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES, INCLUDING DIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES THAT DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY RESULT FROM USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE WEBSITES OR SERVICE OR THE INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION FOR VIRUSES ALLEGED TO HAVE BEEN OBTAINED FROM THE WEBSITES OR SERVICE, EVEN IF THE CHRONS HAS BEEN NOTIFIED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES OR LOSSES AND REGARDLESS OF THE THEORY OF LIABILITY.
TO THE GREATEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, YOU AGREE THAT IN NO EVENT WILL THE CHRONS HAVE ANY LIABILITY, CONTINGENT OR OTHERWISE, FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES IN ANY WAY ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE AGREEMENT, WEBSITES OR THE SERVICE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOST PROFITS, LOST DATA, LOSS OF GOODWILL, COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT, WORK STOPPAGE, EQUIPMENT FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION, PERSONAL INJURY, PROPERTY DAMAGE, OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES OR LOSSES, EVEN IF THE CHRONS HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY THEREOF, AND REGARDLESS OF THE LEGAL OR EQUITABLE THEORY (CONTRACT, TORT, STATUTE, INDEMNITY OR OTHERWISE) UPON WHICH SUCH LIABILITY IS BASED.
In the event that any of the foregoing limitations are deemed to be unenforceable, to the greatest extent permitted by law, you agree that the entire aggregate liability of The Chrons and sole remedy available to any Member in any case in any way arising out of or relating to the Agreement, Websites or the Service shall be limited to monetary damages that in the aggregate may not exceed the greater of $500.00 or the sum of any amount paid by the Member or user to The Chrons during the six months prior to notice to The Chrons of the dispute for which the remedy is sought.
16. Indemnity by You. You agree to indemnify and hold The Chrons, its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, and other partners and employees, harmless from any loss, liability, claim, or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, arising out of or related to:
a. your use of the Service and/or Websites in violation of this Terms of service and/or arising from a breach of this Terms of service including without limitation your representations and warranties set forth above; or
b. any activity related to your account, be it by you or by any other person accessing your account with or without your consent unless such activity was caused by the act or default of The Chrons.
18. Parental or Guardian Permission. Some of the Content on the Websites may not be appropriate for children. CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 18 ARE NOT PERMITTED TO USE THE WEBSITES AND/OR SERVICE UNLESS A SUPERVISING PARENT OR GUARDIAN IS PRESENT. INDIVIDUALS UNDER THE AGE OF 18 ARE NOT PERMITTED TO SUBSCRIBE TO OUR FEE-BASED SERVICES OR GIVE The Chrons’s THEIR EMAIL ADDRESS OR ANY OTHER PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION.
20. Jurisdiction and Choice of Law; Dispute Resolution. If there is any dispute arising out of the Websites and/or the Service, by using the Websites and/or Service, you expressly agree that any such dispute shall be governed by the laws of the State of Delaware, without regard to its conflict of law provisions, and you expressly agree and consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the state and federal courts of the State of Delaware, for the resolution of any such dispute. Acceptance of the terms and conditions of this Agreement constitutes your consent to be sued in such courts and to accept service of process outside the State of Delaware with the same force and effect as if such service had been made within the State of Delaware. You hereby agree to accept service of process for any action hereunder by certified mail return receipt requested which service shall have the same force and effect as though service had been effected by personal service in the applicable jurisdiction. If any part of these terms is unlawful, void, or unenforceable, that part will be deemed severable and will not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions.
21. Arbitration Provision/No Class Action. Except where prohibited by law, as a condition of using the Websites and/or Service, you agree that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action (collectively, “Claim”) arising out of or connected with the Websites and/or Service, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively by binding arbitration under the rules of the American Arbitration Association for full and final settlement of such Claim, and judgment on the award rendered in the arbitration may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. Such arbitration shall be held in accordance with the Rules for Expedited Procedures under the Commercial Arbitration Rules of the American Arbitration Association or other mutually agreeable organization, before a single arbitrator (with knowledge and expertise of copyright law if the claim is all or partially for copyright infringement), selected by agreement of both parties or by an independent mediator (with knowledge and expertise of copyright law if the claim is all or partially for copyright infringement) if the parties are unable to agree. The parties shall split the arbitration and/or mediator costs. An award rendered by the arbitrator(s) may be entered and confirmed by the courts of the State of Delaware, County of Delaware, or the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Delaware. The parties agree that any post-arbitration action seeking to enforce an arbitration award or action seeking equitable or injunctive relief shall be brought exclusively in the courts of the State of Delaware, County of Delaware, or the U.S. District Court for the District of Delaware.
24. Entire Agreement.
Please contact us with any questions regarding this agreement at email@example.com
I HAVE READ THIS AGREEMENT AND AGREE TO ALL OF THE PROVISIONS CONTAINED ABOVE.
UPDATED MAY 2017